Terms & Conditions
You agree that by registering and using the YS Network, you accept and agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Youth Specialties may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time at its sole discretion by updating this posting. You should visit this page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions, because they are binding on you. The terms “You” and “User” as used herein refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing the YS Network for any reason.
1. Specific Prohibited Uses
You must comply with all applicable laws and this Agreement as may be amended from time to time with or without advance notice. The YS Network may be used only for lawful purposes by individuals seeking to connect with a local youth ministry network; or a local youth ministry network seeking to promote their events and gatherings. Youth Specialties specifically prohibits any use of the YS Network, and all users agree not to use the YS Network, for any of the following:
- Posting any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information or any information regarding a network in which you are not personally involved;
- Posting any franchise, pyramid scheme, “club membership”, distributorship or sales representative agency arrangement or other business opportunities;
- Deleting or revising any material posted by any other person or entity.
- Using any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the YS Network or any activity being conducted on the YS Network.
- Taking any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the YS Network’s infrastructure.
2. User Submissions
As a user, you are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their posting. You must not, and by using this YS Network you agree not to do the following things:
- Post any incomplete, false or inaccurate information about yourself, your organization, and/or your postings;
- Post duplicate posts – User agrees to only post material once (one time) and agrees that Youth Specialties can remove any duplicate posts;
- Impersonate another person or entity, including without limitation a Youth Specialties employee or agent, an authorized user of Youth Specialties services, a candidate, placement specialist or an employer, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Communicate, send, or place unsolicited e-mail, telephone calls, mailings or other contacts to posting individuals and entities unless they are a part of your ministry network.
- Use an e-mail address that you do not own or for which you do not have the express permission of the owner to use.
- Post material that is copyrighted, unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the copyright owner to post it;
- Post material that reveals trade secrets, unless you own them or have the permission of the owner;
- Post material that infringes on any other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- Post material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing to another user or any other person or entity;
- Post a sexually-explicit image or statement;
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business, post chain letters or pyramid schemes; impersonate another person; or
- Post material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or posting.
YOU MAY NOT SPAM OUR MEMBER NETWORKS OR MEMBERS WHO’S CONTACT INFORMATION APPEARS ON THE YS NETWORK.
Youth Specialties does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of communications posted by users or endorse any opinions expressed by users. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other users will be at your own risk.
Youth Specialties acts as a passive conduit for the online distribution and publication of user-submitted information and has no obligation to screen communications or information in advance and is not responsible for screening or monitoring material posted by users.
Youth Specialties has no control over spambots or other entities and the harvesting of personal information, including email addresses, phone numbers, or other submitted information.
We have provided the YS Specialties Network to help you in your ministry efforts. To achieve this purpose, we encourage Users to share accurate information. We also respect the intellectual property rights of others. Accordingly, this Agreement requires that information posted by Members be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.If notified by a user of communications which allegedly do not conform to these Terms and Conditions, Youth Specialties may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of the communication. Youth Specialties has no liability or responsibility to users for performance or nonperformance of such activities.
Youth Specialties reserves the right to expel users and prevent their further access to the YS Network for violating these Terms and Conditions or the law and the right to remove communications which are abusive, illegal, or disruptive. Youth Specialties may take any action with respect to user-submitted information that it deems necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion if it believes it may create liability for Youth Specialties or may cause Youth Specialties to lose (in whole or in part) the services of its ISPs or other suppliers.
3. The Company’s Liability
The Youth Specialties YS Network is only a venue. The YS Network acts as a venue for
Posting information about youth ministry networks. Identifying meeting times and locations for these network gatherings. Gathering the names of individuals who participate in youth ministry networks. Listing events hosted and or promoted by youth ministry networks.
In addition, note that there are risks, including but not limited to the risk of physical harm, of dealing with strangers, foreign nationals, underage persons or people acting under false pretenses. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through the YS Network.
Because user authentication on the Internet is difficult, Youth Specialties cannot and does not confirm that each user is who they claim to be. Because we do not and cannot be involved in user-to-user dealings or control the behavior of participants on the Youth Specialties YS Network, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you release Youth Specialties (and our agents and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential, direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code *1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
We are under no legal obligation to, and generally do not, control the information provided by other users which is made available through the YS Network. By its very nature, other people’s information may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate, and in some cases will be mislabeled or deceptively labeled. We expect that you will use caution and common sense when using the YS Network.
The Material may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. Youth Specialties makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the YS Network or the Material. Youth Specialties does not correct user misspellings or errors. The use of the YS Network and the Material is at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to the YS Network and may be made at any time.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any personal information and material contained therein placed by you on the YS Network. Network leaders are solely responsible for their postings on the YS Network.
Youth Specialties does not warrant or guarantee that a network listing will be viewed by any specific number of users, or that it will be viewed by any user.
YOUTH SPECIALTIES DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE YS NETWORK WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE YS NETWORK AND ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE OR THE MATERIAL RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOUTH SPECIALTIES IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
THE WEB SITE AND MATERIAL ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. YOUTH SPECIALTIES, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE MATERIAL, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
4. Disclaimer of Consequential Damages
IN NO EVENT SHALL YOUTH SPECIALTIES, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE WEB SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE YS NETWORK AND THE MATERIAL, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
5. Links to Other Sites
The YS Network contains links to third party web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Youth Specialties of the contents on such third-party Web sites. Youth Specialties is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party Web sites. If you decide to access linked third party Web sites, you do so at your own risk.
Youth Specialties reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue all of its legal remedies, including but not limited to deletion of your postings from the YS Network and immediate termination of your registration with or ability to access the YS Network and/or any other service provided to you by Youth Specialties, upon any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or if Youth Specialties is unable to verify or authenticate any information you submit to the YS Network registration with or ability to access the YS Network.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Youth Specialties, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of the Material or your breach of the terms of these Terms and Conditions. Youth Specialties shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.